CUA20113 Certificate II: 14yrs plus
Beat Dance School is partnering with EMPOWERDANCE PTY LTD (RTO CODE 40397) to deliver CUA20113 Certificate II in Dance and CUA30113 Certificate III in Dance courses.
Units 1 2 3 4 of VCE VET Dance program
The Certificate II in Dance course is designed to expand the skills and competence of the dancer along with enhancing the dancer’s choreographic skills and confidence in the dance arena.
Students completing a Certificate II course must participate in 12 units in total to gain competency in the qualification. Students must complete 8 core units, and a minimum of 4 elective units.
The following units are core Certificate II units and must be completed:
- BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
- CUADAN201 Develop basic dance techniques
- CUADAN202 Incorporate artistic expression into basic dance performances (Part of units 3 & 4)
- CUAPRF201 Prepare for performances(Part of units 3 & 4)
- CUAWHS101 Follow safe dance practices
- CUAWHS201 Develop a basic level of physical condition for dance performance
- CUAIND201 Develop and apply creative arts industry knowledge (Part of units 3 & 4)
- CUAPRF304 Develop audition techniques(Part of units 3 & 4)
The following units are electives of Certificate II units. Two must be selected to a min 190hrs completed hours of training.
- CUADAN203 Perform basic jazz dance technique
- CUADAN208 Perform basic street dance technique
- CUADAN205 Perform basic Contemporary dance technique
- CUADAN206 Perform basic ballet technique
- CUADAN207 Perform basic tap technique
- The two electives chosen will be the electives for units 3 and 4 (increase depth of training)